Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Friday, October 7, 2011

To Get To Today

I am Bridget, I'm going to write in green. Jeremy will write in a different colour, I'm thinking maybe blue, but I could be wrong. I'm from Northern Ireland, Jeremy is from Australia. We met about 6 years ago in Australia and about a month ago we got married in Northern Ireland. 


Now we've moved back to Australia after two years in Belfast and we're going to have a party with our friends and family here. After that party, sometime in about 3 weeks, we're going to go on our honeymoon.




Jeremy has been interested in motorbikes for a while now. I wasn't too pleased about this interest to start with. I'm still not altogether happy, and all those safety ads with their horrible photos don't help. But this trip was still all my idea. Mind you, Jeremy would hardly have been able to suggest it, so it had to be from me.


I sent him a text about 4 months before the wedding, something along the lines of 'hi lovely, what do you think about motorbiking to alice springs for our honeymoon?' I've never had a quicker reply!


It all seems to be working out quite well, he's organising the whole thing, which only seems fair since I organised the wedding. At the moment we've been looking for protective clothing for me, something which causes my family much amusement. I don't think anyone can quite imagine me in motorbike leathers and neither can I. Jeremy is being very patient with my irrational whims about it - no animal print - no sparkly bits - no bikery pictures or swirls on the helmet - no girly pink stuff. We still haven't actually bought anything yet.


The first time we went to look in the bike shops was the day after we flew into Melbourne. It wasn't the best start to this adventure. I was trying on jackets and jeans, surprisingly I was quite getting into it, Jeremy remembered the parking meter and said he'd go feed it. Jet lagged and confused he ran out in front of a car, screech of brakes, dent in bonnet, gasp of crowd, roll off the car,  onto the ground and up onto his feet again. Amazingly he was ok and probably doesn't appreciate me telling this story, but I feel it is part of our adventure and since he is all fine, just bruised and embarrassed, there is no harm.


Oh, and we've also nearly bought a bike, but since I can't tell you much more than it's green and cream and called Norman I'll leave that for Jeremy.




Wedding photo by Kat Mervyn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on getting Norman! So glad he's ok.. looking forward to seeing the updates :) Kyoko

katmervyn said...

How exciting! Have a wonderful time, looking forward to following your adventures from sleepy ol' Lambeg.xx