Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Friday, October 14, 2011

Big Grin

Yes we went for our first ride on Norman yesterday and then again today. Jeremy said we'd better get straight into it, not make a big deal, just drive round to Tim's (our best man at our wedding) for a cup of tea. So I sheepishly put on my outfit and came outside. I felt so embarrassed, motorbike gear is just not the style I normally wear (as I may have mentioned before) and I was aware eyes were on me for my reaction.


I slid onto the back of the bike, photographs were taken by Jeremy's parents, who we're staying with at the moment, and off we zoomed down the road. I felt the smile start immediately, I couldn't help it. I giddily grinned from ear to ear (a difficult thing to do when your face is all squished together in a bike helmet) the entire 20 mins journey!


I was surprised by how much I could see, I presumed wearing the helmet would blinker you to some extent, but I suppose really visibility is important when riding a motorbike so I now realise obviously helmets would be made with that in mind! I trusted Jeremy totally, thankfully forgetting that after 2 years not being on a bike he might feel a bit uneasy about it, also his first time with someone on the back. When we got home again he said that he thought we were getting the hang of it by the last wee bit, and after today's ride he was feeling a lot more confident. Apparently we only went 80kph, but it felt pretty fast to me, he said we can go 130 on the freeway up near Alice Springs. I told him no we can't.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How are you going to be cool if you don't go 130km/h? :)

Bridget Farmer said...

Be cool? Stay cool in the heat or look cool? I'm happy not to look cool (I never do) and although I don't like being too hot I'm willing to feel a bit of temperature if it means we don't go too too fast, I saw a horrible motorbike crash ad on tv the other day about going too fast. I'm a wimp, sorry!