Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bridget- A Day Of Beach and Birds

It's only 8.30 but Jeremy and I are ready for bed, we're simultaneously writing our posts for today. Who will win the blog post race?

I'm feeling right at home here at our first stop in south Australia. It's the drizzle, I'm fondly reminded of camping holidays of my childhood in the west of Ireland.

Today we left warrnambool and drove to the delightful town of Port Fairy which I found out used to be called Belfast! So again I felt quite at home. After spotting a fish eating falcon at the harbour we headed on to the industrial town of Portland, then on to a place called Nelson where there is a big estuary full of birds. I tried to sketch while I got Jeremy to identify birds from my iPhone apps. We did quite well and even figured out that the little diving bird swimming close to us was a hoary headed grebe. A new one to me, I always feel proud of finding and identifying new birds.

Just up the road from our little grebe we crossed the border into South Australia and headed for a tiny wee place called Port MacDonnell which is where we are now. I can hear the waves crashing on the beach that we walked along earlier before dinner. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit grim weather wise. We'll see what our options are then. Maybe another night here ( I think Jeremy Is hoping to get to sample the speciality Port MacDonnell cray fish if we do stay) or make a dash for it to Mount Gambier.

As for the photos, I'm sorry they occur in such random order, it's this app I use. There is no way of arranging them. So there they are, just a jumble of images of pretty seaweed, us, a couple of drawings and the map!

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Don't worry about arranging the photos - loving every one of them. We drove through Hail & thunder in France - make sure you dry off your gear then it will be dry the next day. First time we didn't - YUCK! We always carry a change of gloves - cos if your hands are dry you can cope better. Take care. Dxx

roz said...

loving the inclusion of the map..
australia IS a big piece of land

boz said...

Are those pencils from Ikea?

Bridget Farmer said...

Ha Boz, no, they aren't the stolen wedding pencils! They're toothpicks, that I returned after use. Infact that sounds even worse. I mean returned after use as pointers not toothpicks.