Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Australian Wedding

We had our Australian wedding yesterday at Jeremy's parents' place in Geelong. It was great fun and as you can see from the photo below Norman was a great success!


Today has been tidying up and trying to sort out packing. Jeremy and his dad have been discussing what should go where. I'm fairly confident in my packing abilities too, I feel I'm good at travelling light and good at figuring out where and how to carry everything. I used to transport furniture on the back of my vintage push bike when I lived in Edinburgh. My best effort was cycling two chairs into college, peddling past a removals lorry, the driver of which gave me a big thumbs up as I shot past!



Family friend Phil has been tuning up Norman, I think the pedal that changes the gears was too close to something thus making it difficult to change gears, I think Phil fixed it, not with the hammer though.


So, here's my luggage, I need to gather a couple of other things like a bigger sketchbook,  a pack of cards and a cover for my phone, but apart from that I think I'm done.


This photo shows 
2 scarves, 
a cardi.
In the blue flowery bag are my toiletries and underwear. It may not look a very campingy bag, but I find it very handy as it has 2 compartments, one for clean underwear, and at the back, one for dirty. Toiletries kept with the clean underwear obviously. As for sanitary products as we will be away for about a month so it is necessary to think of this, I use a Divacup. I've used one for years and I would never go back to using anything else. You can read about it here, I wont go into details, but they are the perfect thing for traveling as you only need to bring the one item.
In the black bag are my clothes - 3 singlets, 1 long sleeved loose shirt, 2 dresses, 1 skirt, 1 pair of trousers, 1 nightie, my blanky (yes I still have a blanky, but it's very useful to use as a pillow) 1 swimsuit, pair of sandals. I will be wearing my bike gear so it isn't in the black bag.

As we speak I'm downloading The Michael Morcombe eGuide to the Birds of Australia to my new phone. I decided my bird book was too bulky and this was a good alternative, it's quite expensive (about $35) but has a great star rating, good reviews and I'm intrigued by it. 

Although I've an alternative for my bird book I decided to bring along a big thick book as my holiday read. My best friend just gave it to me for my birthday and said it's one of her favourites. Has anyone else read The Far Pavilions by M.M.Kaye? I'm looking forward to it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

*Sigh*
We're not related I swear...

Bridget Farmer said...

Ah! Jackson, just realised it was you! Hi! Come on, you can't deny your father! xx

Miss Graham said...

Congratulations on your second wedding! We're having two too! But I'll email you with that big news! Looks like you did very well with your packing - I have a two-compartment undies bag too - it's a rectangle sewn up in the middle then a zip at each end! Love it! Also very pretty as green gingham! As for the divacup, I much prefer that name - I use a mooncup - actually, that would be a better name for taking on a motormoon!!!! Have fun :o) xx

Bridget Farmer said...

Congratulations Miss Graham, how very exciting! Will one be in Australia *hopeful hopeful!* Probably not though :( ! My friend uses a mooncup, she recommended them to me but then I found Divacup. Aren't they a revelation?! xxx

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh a tip - pack everything inside plastic carrier bags and pull the air out of them - that way your clothes are protected if it rains.