Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All Geared Up

Without planning it we popped into the bike shop on Mercer Street in Geelong again today. Josh, the guy who had served us before, was there again and looked after us very well. He made sure all my gear fitted well and put up with my severe lack of knowledge. He even brought this helmet down from the store and I fell in love with it! I never thought I could even like let along love a motorbike helmet!


It is quite pretty isn't it?! It cost $20 more than the plain black one, so we'll just have to do without lunch one day on our trip to make up for it. As my friend Alison says 'prettiness prevails!'


We also found a decent leather jacket with protective pads and removable lining. It fits extremely snugly and will take a bit of getting used to. I feel slightly corseted in it and a bit helpless due to all the padding on the arms I can't move too well. I feel like a robot, a corseted robot.


I also got biking jeans since my skirt isn't very suitable attire! I don't think I've worn jeans for about 10 years. They feel very tight but I think I'm quite liking the look, not very me, but still, it's nice to look normal every now and again. We got good gloves to protect my hands (there is a horrible ad on the side of the road on the way to Melbourne showing a motorbiker's hands after a crash without wearing gloves, not too nice) and now all we need are protective boots. Hopefully I'll enjoy all this motorbiking malarky after all this expenditure!

I think tomorrow we may be getting Norman and then we can go on a wee wizz around. My first try! I think Jeremy is looking forward to being on a bike again. I'm scared, but looking forward to wearing my gorgeous helmet!

No comments: