Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bridget - Waiting For The Rain

Since we went to bed so early last night (in fact even earlier than we realised because South Australia is half an hour behind Victoria but we didn't figure that out until this evening) we woke quite early too, about 7.30. I sat up in my sleeping bag and reached for the tent zip, there just below a little gap in the opening was a small frog. I helped him out of the tent, then helped myself out. seeing that the sun was shinning i said to Jeremy we should hit the road since the weather was supposed to get horrid later. So we packed up and set off to see how far we could get before the rain started.

We drove about 50km to Mount Gambier, stopping off at the beautiful Blue Lake. I jumped off the bike in the car park and who do I see sitting on one of our panniers but our little frog visitor. How he stayed on I've no idea. I scooped him up and brought him over to the viewing deck of Blue Lake where he could start a new life in a new place.

We drove through a town called Millicent and the rain still stayed off so we pushed on and arrived in Beachport and set up camp. As soon as we got the tent up a drizzle of rain started, here it is we thought, but after about 30 mins it stopped. We've been waiting all day for this bad weather to begin, I mean it hasnt exactly been lovely , but the promised rain rain rain hasn't yet materialised. So maybe we'll just push onwards tomorrow.

To occupy ourselves today we ate cake and visited the great wee museum here in Beachport. I love small town museums, they're fascinating. We were also told it was film night tonight at the local cinema. The last Friday of every month they show a film or two with tea and supper afterwards. We saw The Help and got to talk to some locals. Now we're tucked up and tired, so night night!

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! Sounds a great journey and to think the little fella stayed for the duration! Onwards!!!

Phil & Jacquie said...

This is absolutely great, Bridget and Jeremy. We are following each day with great interest, looking forward to each new day's adventure almost as much as you, I think.

You could have kept your little frog friend as a travelling companion (mascot)! I think this is an omen that you might need to start drawing the frogs, Bridget!

Bridget Farmer said...

I had thought of keeping little frog, but I don't think he'd like it in Cooper Pedy! Glad you're enjoying! Xxb