Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bridget - first night

Today was much nicer weather and we were much more relaxed about leaving, so with Norman packed to full capacity we pulled out of the driveway and set off. Immediately I felt the cold wind on my thighs but decided to enjoy it since when we really get on the road and find ourselves in hot desert temperatures I'd miss this cold Victorian sting!

We rode to Lorne, one of the first main towns on the great ocean road and stopped for a cup of tea in Arab. A destination cafe for many bikers and where we would meet up with our parents who were on a day trip. We got a photo of the owner of the cafe for our blog!

We rode on to Wye River where we are to spend our first night. Jeremy put up his wee tent with help from Brian, my mum's partner, and then we all went to the pub for a final meal before my mum and Brian head back to Ireland.

The campsite is full of birds, I'm in heaven! I've been drawing and taking photos. I've also decided to keep a running tally of all the bird I see on the trip but I'll not bore you with that yet.

Instead here are a few photos.
You can see more of my sketches from this trip on my art blog www.bridgetfarmer.blogspot.com

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! Camping as well? Wow! One thing I insist on when touring is we stay at a hotel - we often do about 200-300 miles a day and like to crash out after a decent meal - so hat's off to you! Where to next?
Am enjoying this.

Bridget Farmer said...

Hi mrsnesbit! Yes, in the tent it is for us! We're on a tight budget. Also because it is my first time doing this we're keeping distances not too far, maybe 2 or 3 hours max. Today we're heading for warrnambool, where actually the tent stays packed since we're staying with jetemy's great aunt and uncle.