Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Long Way Home

Normally it takes an hour to drive from Geelong to our new home just outside of daylesford. This time it took us four weeks! But what we saw along the way!

I'm sitting here now surrounded by gum trees and the beautiful song of Australian Magpies and countless other unidentified birds. The breeze is shaking the leaves and it is neither too hot nor too cold. I've been worried about moving to the country, I've only ever lived in Melbourne city in Australia before. I'm scared of bush fire and crazy insects, of being lonely and isolated. But we've now met so many people living in much more harsh, remote, hot, insect infested, beautiful, difficult, dry places that it makes me feel I can live here happily.

It was such a joy driving along our forest lined driveway. I felt very impatient all day yesterday riding the 2 and a half hours from Shepparton. We stopped off in bendigo along the way, had lunch in the art gallery and a quick look around. Then back on Norman for the last 100 or so ks home.

It's good to finish a journey glad to be home rather than longing for more. I leave you with some of the sketches from the Hay races and keep an eye out for videos we will upload soon. Now we need to organise getting more of our belongings to our new place and setting up my new studio, stock up our cupboards, get jeremy some gigs. We need to start our married life!

4 comments:

aimee said...

welcome home!! what a journey. thanks so much for sharing. the drawings are so perfect, as always. you have an incredible gift and then incredible generosity to share it!

roz said...

been fab to be along for the ride
thanks for sharing ....

Unknown said...

welcome home. enjoyed reading about your trip. now can't wait to see you next!

Lucy S said...

Bridget and Jeremy I have just read your motormoon blog all in one go.... WOW what an incredible adventure you had!! Like a great book I couldn't step away from my laptop until I had got to the end! Emotional and awe inspiring and with such stunning landscape...such memories you will have forever.

I can't believe you saw the singing dingo by pure chance!!!

I hope by now you are settled into life in your beautiful new home....can't wait to come visit you...I'm moving to Perth about June time!!! All love to you both xxx