Jeremy is a musician and Bridget is an artist. Jeremy likes motorbikes, Bridget doesn't really care much for them. Jeremy and Bridget got married, Bridget said "Let's go to Alice Springs on a motorbike for our honeymoon." Jeremy said "ALRIGHT!"


Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jeremy: Hay Races!

It feels like a kind of peak to the whole trip to actually be here at the hay races after deciding we were going to try and make it here back when we were in alice springs. What a day! It's just after the last race, and I'm not going to lie, it's been a really hot day and beer has been easier to come by than water, if you catch my drift. So, I decided a blog post was due before it got too late for me to concentrate, although to be honest I may have left it too late!
I rode down to hay this morning in the heat, so that we could leave straight from here to shepparton in the morning. Not a great start, I was covered in sweat before we even got to the race course! It was nice to try the bike out at speed without bridget or any luggage on the back though.
We didn't do too badly with the betting, we finished 16 dollars up by my reckoning. We sweltered away in the heat, but have had a wonderful day. Lots if laughing and merryment, and I'm pretty sure bridget got a fair bit of drawing done which you might get to see tomorrow! In the meantime here's a few photos of us with our gracious hosts ed and rachael, and the field here at hay race course.





3 comments:

Angela said...

Just to say I am so LOVING your blog. I am happily married to a biker - but like Bridget hadn't really ridden pillion till he came along.
I am so glad your travelling is going well- and wish you a safe journey for your Whole Marriage - not just the motormoon.
And B - I'm just back from a fab holiday in Belfast -what a great place. Maybe one day I'll get to Oz.

Blessings xx

mrsnesbitt said...

Wow! Great that my pal Angela commented after pointing her in your direction! What a lovely lovely post ....can't wait to see Bridget's drawings am hoping to commission her to do something for our new lounge xxxxxx

Bridget Farmer said...

Hi Angela,so glad to hear you've enjoyed our trip! And thank you for your blessings :) hope you had a great time in Belfast and yes do come to oz, I don't think you'd be disappointed!

Denise, thanks for sharing our blog around :) do keep in contact. You have my email now don't you? I'm happy to try commissions!

Xxb